Friday, October 30, 2009

1...2....3...too many....start over!!

Well, I think I may have found the perfect recipe for making coffee! Pretty proud!! Many trials and errors though, and it didn't happen over night. One hint that was told to me was to shake the shit out of the grinder while it was blending. This way the beans blend evenly, rather than becoming a fine powder on the bottom, and half beans on top. Makes sense right!!?? Now came the tricky part, how many beans do i add to make a perfect cup of java??? I vaguely remember adding about 3 teaspoons the last time I poisoned myself, so obviously I need to add less. So I start with 2 and half a teaspoons worth.....hmm, looks ok, but looks like there is too many, so i take out 3, look, add 1, hmm, add 2 more.....shake the grinder...pet the kittens....dump them all back, start over, curse the coffee gods......1 teaspoon, 2 teaspoon, 5 beans, take away 1.....look.....look at french press, hold up and examine french press......murmur to myself.....pour beans into french press, get scared at how many beans are in french press, dump into grinder...stare....poke with finger....hmm, add 2 more.....remove a teaspoon worth, play with imaginary beard, hmm, add it back, scratch my head....2 more.....then close my eyes and blend blindly!!!! It was quite the process.....when I got the beans all coarsely chopped I put them into the press and added a pinch of salt, and about 3 cups water, set the timer for 3 minutes and waited. The longest 3 minutes of my life....I was having flash backs as to how disgusting my last cup of "fresh" coffee tasted, how it took all the moisture from my body, I could feel my eyes being sucked back into my head, not even enough tears to blink!! Awful!!! Finally the timer dinged *ding* I added my cream and sugar, stared at the cream and coffee mixing with one another to form a wonderful coffee-color (you know the color) *ting ting* goes the spoon. The moment of truth!!
Delightful!!!
All that over analyzing paid off!!! Knock on wood I can keep it up. Only takes me 40 minutes to get the measurement right......So if your coming over for coffee, call ahead, I need some time!!!
I have, however, started jogging more often. Its great. It is getting a little cold and things have been pretty busy, but you can always find time to jog, nothing beats that feeling you get when your done your run, like you could just keep jogging....Love it.
Anyways. Gotta run (ha-ha) Happy Halloween!!!
Big Sister.

Satisfied tasters of my coffee: 4
Gaudy rings found on jogging route: 1
Halloween Costume: Yup, thanks to middle sister!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha best story ever! I now know how to make a delightful cup of coffee!
    You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Tiff, lets face it, your very good at tea, coffee hurts your tummy and makes you crazy, tea makes you calm, cool and collected! Need I say more? but then again I know how you love a challenge!
    u-know-who-:)

    ReplyDelete